Novated Car Lease – A form of secured loan.
At Get That Car Loan, we can help you find the right and fully maintained Novated Car Lease. A Novated Car Lease is an agreement between, three parties;
- the employee,
- their employer, and
- the finance company.
It operates by creating a Finance Lease Agreement between the employee and the lender.
A Novation Agreement is then entered between all parties, which will transfer responsibility for the lease rental commitment to the employer during the lessee’s period of employment.
In addition to the lease rentals, some of the car’s operating expenses are also payable with pre-tax income; some examples are as follows:
- Security Shortfall and Loan Protection Insurance
- Vehicle registration
- Fuel and oil
- Servicing requirements
Benefits of a Fully Maintained Novated Car Lease
- Lease payments and operating expenses are paid with pre-tax dollars
- Your employer makes the payments on your behalf
- Portable – so, if you change employers can be moved from your current employer to your new employer ( on approval by your new employer )
- Terms available from 12 – 60 months
- Choice of vehicle to suit individual needs
- The ability to offer more flexibility in employment packages to recruit better people
- No residual risks to the business
- Portable, so if an employee leaves, the vehicle also goes with them
As the repayments are made pre-tax, there may be some Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT) implications, so it is recommended that you speak to your accountant and employer before deciding if a fully maintained Novated Car Lease is suitable for your situation.
In conclusion, before you make any decision on any novated lease, make sure you’re certain about the following:
- Interest rates
- Management Fees
- Fees for things you don’t need
- Your car’s residual value
- Any end of lease costs and charges
Knowing these costs can make you confident about your decision. For instance, you will know where you stand financially, how much you owe, and when the finance term will end. For more assistance speak to your friendly Get That Car Loan specialist so they can help you find the right car loan for you. We are always here and ready to help.
Call us today on 1300 799 225 or apply online. We will get back to your ASAP.